Following our unfortunate bug in Shoov which caused login to stop working, we decided to write a Behat test that will continuously check the live site and make sure login with GitHub is working properly.
Writing the Behat test was pretty easy, however it had a major problem - it didn't work.
When Behat sees the
PhantomJS is usually the easiest to configure and hook into the CI workflow later on.
But the test we wrote just failed on all versions of PhantomJS we tried. Which made us switch to Firefox instead. Travis CI is kind enough to have a headless Firefox installed in their machine which we could use. Unfortunately, Firefox didn't like our test either, but for another reason - it couldn't parse the xpath we use to find our text elements.
So after spending some time trying to figure out a workaround, I suddenly stared at the browser I was using to find the answer - Chrome!