About the Job
- Location: Remote
- Skill Level: Mid-level, experienced
- Type: Full time/Part time/Contract
Gizra is a 25+ person company, founded in Tel Aviv, Israel with a distributed workforce around the globe. We all say "Good Morning" to each other, and it happens all day long.
We prefer interesting projects, with people and organizations who see us as partners. Who doesn’t, right? But we’re lucky that it’s more often the case than not. Our client list ranges from very (very) large NGOs to smaller companies and nonprofits doing interesting and important work — most of them are trying to do some good in the world. Our stack is mostly Open Source technologies (Drupal and Elm, in particular) and our contributions help power some of the largest websites around.
We're looking for curious and dedicated people to be a leader on a team of leaders.
You may be a fit if:
- You can solve difficult problems, but you don’t make problems unnecessarily difficult.
- You are detail oriented, but can see the whole picture.
- You like to work hard, but you like to finish your work and go home too.
- You work well with others, but you’re also disciplined enough to work alone.
- Experience in the software/web development process - we’re not strict on the number of years or the size of projects, but you’re going to be managing a team of developers across the globe and we have some pretty big, pretty complex projects - it shouldn’t be your first gig.
- Comfort being an agency representative to a client, and demonstrated ability to be a troubleshooter, a peacemaker, and a partnership builder.
- Solid communications skills in English - we work remotely around the globe, but our common tongue is English and developers and managers work and communicate in full view of and often with clients.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Drupal - our tech stack is Elm and Drupal - it’s a plus if you know a node from an entity, and a module from a plugin.
- Experience working on a distributed team, with knowledge of the habits that make for good distributed work - maybe you can teach us some.